Category: Web/Mobile Application
In this digital era when we have 3.5 billion smartphone users worldwide (According to 2020 data), businesses need to go digital as well. Adding an application to your business is not only a way of direct engagement with your clients but also adds to your visibility, value, branding, recognition, and loyalty. But every business has a different requirement for their apps. Because of this businesses are always in search of a software developer.
Software Company Must Do for customer: Here are a few things that you should prepare before you reach out to the software developer to build the application for your business.
1. Do you know your application well?
The first foremost thing is to know your idea of your application well. But how? Simple, research and learn.
When for every little thing you ‘Google it’ then do the same for your ideal application as well. More research means more clarity. Psst… with this you will get to know about your competitors too.
But researching is not the end. After research, there is a question checklist that has to be answered to finish the first step.
- What are the strategic goals of your application for your business? (If broken- does your application have a functional purpose or is it just for image building?)
- Why do you believe this app will be popular?
- What market-related data or resources do you have access to?
If your answers to these questions are ready then step 1 is cleared.
Thinking about why this is important? We have the answer. Most of the efficient software developers (like NativeByte) will listen to you and get you tailor-made apps apt for your business. Yet if you have answers to all these questions then work becomes smoother from both ends.
Not clear yet? Let’s break it for you. The answer to the first question gives the developer the idea of the architectural approach, scalability, and quality of the software product. Similarly, the second question’s answer will open up the strategic requirements for future developments. The third question’s answer will add clarity to the vision of both sides and both can skip some costly mistakes.
Okay, done, here. Let’s move to step 2.
2. Do you know your market and target audience well?
After research, you know your competitors. So now, you need to know two simple things-
1. What makes your application different?
2. Who is your target audience?
Answers to these two questions will give some more structure to your vision and a high-quality application apt for your needs can be created.
Did you think this was the end? No, it’s not the end. For this step to end, there are two more simple steps:
- For an app to work you need a marketing campaign to promote it. Make a plan for that too. It will decide the pace and style of work while developing the app.
- Decide on how much value you will add to your target audience's feedback. That will allow you to decide to keep an in-built feedback feature in your application or not
3. Did you think about the functions of your dream application?
Tired? This is Step 3 already. Two more steps and you will be ready.
Since we are done with the idea, now we move to the functions of the application. So, we will keep it simple here. Just a small checklist:
- Decide on the core function/service/product of the application
- Exclusivity of the function that makes it different and attracts more people
- Visualize the future functionality of the app. For sustainability, if you think you need change, be clear on that. It will make the transition smoother in the future.
- Maintain user confidentiality. This may differ from app to app. Have a full-proof plan on it to keep your users’ data safe.
4. Are you specific about your requirements?
Almost done! In step 4, there’s nothing that you have to work hard on. You have just 2 simple questions to answer.
- How specific are you about your app and its requirements?
- Do you have a detailed picture of it?
If the answer to both the questions is yes, that will make your application easier to develop.
5. Are you flexible or nagging?
In your final step, first, have a checklist of these three things:
- Timeline & Deadlines
Then decide how flexible you are on these. If you are very tight, then re-work it. Since research and testing need time for developers too. Software Company Must Do for customer.
Then also make sure you are well prepared and pin precisely know about what you want. Changing every now and then can be difficult for the developers.
And you are done! You are ready to meet your developer now! Searching for your software developer? Then you don’t need to do your tedious search after an exhausting preparation. NativeByte is your answer. At NativeByte we create tailor-made applications with all your details and specifications. Don’t worry about the scalability and quality of your software products when we are here. Our skilled and experienced team will get you what you want!
All the 5 things Software Company Must Do for customer.